Tuesday 11 February 2014

The LEGO Movie

I'm on leave today!! \((^w^))/
To kick off the day, I decided to go watch The LEGO Movie rather than spend the whole day lazing around at home.
I'm not actually much of a movie person. So when I really want to watch a certain movie or something catches my attention, I think it's probably saying something.


Obviously (or not), I'm not much of a Legos fan. Yes, I've played them when I was younger, but I'm not exactly those who would get extremely excited over a packet of building blocks.
But I thought the whole concept of having a Lego movie and the humour found in the trailer was enough to make me want to go watch the movie.
And boy, was I NOT disappointed!
This is actually a pretty good movie! I mean, what's there not to like? Simple storyline, humour throughout, items constantly being built in Legos, appearance of many familiar characters in pop culture that adds to the fun element in the movie, etc.
I must say, there is not a dull moment throughout the whole 100 min of movie time! It's funny, it's exciting, it's lame all at the same time, making it a good family movie IMO.
In addition to having a good laugh, I was pleasantly surprise to see that every single detail, down to the fire, smoke and water was made out of Legos! I really wasn't expecting them to be so thorough with the whole Lego theme, so this was definitely a plus point!!
Also, staying consistent with the Lego theme again, things related to Legos like instruction manual, order, creativity, building things and taking it down and building it again, etc, were also constantly seen throughout the whole movie. I'm not a Lego fan and I enjoyed seeing such relevance, no doubt a Lego would find it even more enjoyable than I did.
Because Lego toys has been around for so many years, and they constantly come up with playsets, it was also enjoyable to see them bringing in some of their past sets (like pirates, Star Wars models, spaceships, etc) and also other characters like Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, Abraham Lincoln, Hans Solo, Gandulf, etc, into the movie.
The mash of so many different characters makes it seem like some parody movie at first, but there is an entirely different storyline stringing all these characters together while retaining their personality but still injecting some lame humour into them that makes this movie nowhere like those lousy parody movies that I never bother with.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the cinema with a good laugh and a good takehome lesson of what playing Legos is all about. I would highly recommend this wonderful family movie but I'm sure the funny elements would only increase if you go watch it with your buddies too.
Be warned though! You might just feel like buying some Legos yourself after the movie and start building something! And you'll also have the song 'Everything is awesome!' stuck in your head. Lol.
"Everything is awesome~~! Everything is cool when you work as a team~~!"

No comments:

Post a Comment