Saturday 22 February 2014

Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush

Introducing a life-changer in my makeup routine! The Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush!
 
If you watch makeup videos on Youtube often enough, you'd have heard of this brush before.
This is a very soft and dense brush and is primarily used for blending in foundation.
I've seen this brush for the longest time already, but I never really got down to purchasing it until I saw a video about minimising pores by using a foundation brush to blend in foundation. (Previously, I was just using my fingers to do my blending.)
The 'minimising pores' part really got to me because I'm really willing to try anything to minimise those annoying pores on my face. Hence, the purchase.
I must say, buying this brush is one of the best decisions I've made when it comes to makeup. This brush is really life changing!
As mentioned, it's so soft and dense, so you don't feel like it's poking your skin when you swirl your brush around the entire face while blending. The handle part is thick, so you can get a good proper grip of it, so it makes the blending easy.
The way I do my foundation now ever since I bought this is that I'll dot my liquid foundation on my nose, chin, forehead and cheeks first. Then I'll use this brush and swirl it in clockwise and anti-clockwise directions, especially around my cheeks where I have more visible pores. The clockwise and anti-clockwise thing is actually to blend the foundation in all directions so that it covers the pores.
The end result of this is I get a flawless look that makes it look like I have perfect skin and doesn't seem cakey or look like I have any foundation on. I love it!!
However, the downside to this is that you do have to use a bit of strength to manuveur the brush around your face because it's quite a big brush. And the dense bristles can be a hassle when you are trying to clean your brush and remove all the gunk that has accumulated over the course of using it.
But given the kind of results it gives, this bit of trouble is something that I'm very happy to work with.
This has officially become one of those makeup items that I must have with me, even if I'm travelling.
So if you are looking to improve your foundation routine, you can consider adding this into your makeup collection. Trust me, you won't regret it! ((^.^))

No comments:

Post a Comment