Sunday 19 January 2014

The Joy of Teaching

It's the end of another week. And I realized that I haven't been blogging as frequently as I would like to. I shall try my best, but work is indeed very draining and time consuming.
Another problem is my laptop is being funny with me again. This time round, it doesn't seem to charge at all despite me attaching the external power source. At this rate, it'll probably just die from a lack of battery. (Using my bro's iPad to blog as we speak.)
Haven't even reach my second payday and I seriously want/need a lot of things. New laptop, iPad mini, credit card, etc... How am I going to save up like this? *sigh*

Anyway, since the start of the year, I've actually been teaching Sunday School in church.
My class has about 5-7 kids weekly from the age group of P4-P6.
Honestly, I was a bit reluctant to teach full time because it means that it's a weekly commitment that requires to prepare lessons beforehand. And even though I'm rotating with another teacher whereby we take alternate months, I wasn't sure how well I would be able to juggle this with my work (which my workload is increasing).
But I guess like always, when God wants me to do something for Him, He will definitely provide.
3 weeks into 2014, and 3 lessons done, I must say that I'm really enjoying teaching and interacting with the kids. It's unexpected, but it's quite a joy to prepare for lessons weekly and go in and teach them with the hope that God will be able to touch their hearts and teach them something for the day.
I'm really starting to think that this might be something that is God-willed, rather than self-willed. Just the other day, my mum brought out a book that she bought some time ago about teaching Sunday School and passed it to me, saying that she had bought it in the first place for me to read. Though it's still lying in my room untouched (Lol!), but everything seems to be coming together and leading me in one direction.

I feel like ever since I started working, I seemed to have gained new insights to my Christian life.
I definitely have more confidence in prayer and I feel like I'm learning to seek His will more and explore the opportunities that He has placed in my life. I also feel like I am able to see more of His hand at work, which many times surprises me at how much He blesses.
As, I've mentioned before, Christianity is not a one-off thing that ends with baptism. Rather, baptism is but the beginning of the journey of knowing God and having an intimate relationship with Him.
I guess as I embark on this new chapter in my life, I'll continue to see more and learn more about Him and his wonderful will that He has planned for me. The journey is never easy, but I hope to find comfort in trusting that He knows what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment